Updated 7/22/2020 – 11:00 a.m.
We believe in keeping our community healthy. Here are a few of the things we’re doing including socially distancing and washing our hands frequently.
- Actively wiping down all carts and baskets after each use
- Enforcing our mask policy at the door and providing free masks when supplies are available
- Requiring all employees to frequently wash their hands with soap and water and wear gloves while serving or handling food.
- Wiping and disinfecting down all common areas
- Our Wellness Department has knowledgeable staff on hand to answer your health and immunity questions
- Serving you hot deli entrees, please ring the bell for service
- Our coffee station is returning, while our Kombucha tap remains unavailable
- Limiting customers in-store and counting families/couples as a single unit
- Our bulk department has reopened for customer self serve with a limit of 3 at a time. Due to health department regulations, we can no longer allow customers to reuse their own containers for bulk foods. Unfortunately this is a permanent change and was something they were implementing prior to Covid
- Offering patio dining with properly spaced tables for your health and comfort
For all updates, please see all updates below. Things are changing rapidly, please monitor our social media feeds for the latest announcements.
What can you do to help LifeSource?
- Wear a face covering that cover your mouth and nose at all times, while in-store. Acceptable forms of face mask and shields are:
- “Face covering” means a cloth, paper, or disposable face covering that covers the nose and the mouth.
- “Face shield” means a clear plastic shield that covers the forehead, extends below the chin, and wraps around the sides of the face.
- Customers (except under the age of 2) with medical conditions should utilize our free curbside pickup service to protect customers, team members, and reduce the spread of COVID-19. (see the full statement here)
- Maintain a safe distance (6 feet) from all shoppers
- Place a single order for the entire week
- Customers that would like to use their own reusable bags must bag their own groceries. We will continue to provide paper grocery bags free of charge for the foreseeable future