Maple Roasted Sweet Potatoes
By Lyric Johns | Makes 6-8 Servings
- 6 lbs of sweet potatoes, cubed
- 4 Tbsp maple syrup
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1⁄2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sage
- 1⁄2 tsp cinnamon
- 1⁄4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Candied pecans, to taste
(see recipe below)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and preheat the oven to 325°F.
- In a large bowl, combine maple syrup, olive oil, nutmeg, cinnamon, cayenne, black pepper, and salt. Toss cubed sweet potatoes in this mixture until they are evenly coated.
- Spread the sweet potatoes on the lined baking sheet and place them into your preheated oven, roast for 15-20 minutes, then toss, and continue to roast them for another 15-20 minutes until they are tender.
- Place the roasted sweet potatoes in a serving dish, top with crispy candied pecans, and they are ready to enjoy!