When apricots are in full seasonal abundance, a galette is the perfect treat for apricot lovers! Discover how simple it is to enjoy this form of French pastry using this recipe.
- 1 unbaked pie crust
- 6 or 7 apricots, sliced to 1/4 inch thick. About 3 cups of fruit.
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 large egg, whisked with 1 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp turbinado sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a bowl, mix 3 cups apricots, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and lemon juice.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, sea salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Toss fruit mixture with flour mixture until everything is coated.
- On a piece of parchment paper, roll the pie crust into a 1/8-inch thick, 12-inch diameter circle. Move crust on parchment to a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Arrange apricot mixture in the center of the crust, in a somewhat even layer. Leave a two inch border of bare dough. Dot with butter.
- Fold edges over the fruit. There will be a large hole in the center for steam to escape. Brush crust with egg wash, sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake on the center rack in the oven for about 45 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown, and the fruit is cooked and bubbly. Allow to cool, serve with vanilla ice cream.