Arugula Salad with Roasted Brussels Sprouts
By Lyric Johns | Makes 4 Servings
• 1⁄2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice • 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
• 1 Tbsp olive oil
• 1⁄4 tsp black pepper
• Candied pecans, to taste
• 5 oz baby arugula
• 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries • 2 cups Brussels sprouts • 2 Tbsp olive oil
• 1⁄2 tsp sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Trim and halve the Brussels sprouts, and toss them in 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Spread on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer, and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until lightly browned and crispy. Remove from the oven and let them cool.
3. To make the citrus dressing, add your apple cider vinegar, orange juice, olive oil, and black pepper to a container with a tight-sealing lid. Shake the contents up in the sealed container for a few seconds to help the liquids emulsify and give a smooth vinaigrette.
4. Place the arugula in a serving bowl, top with dried cranberries, crispy candied pecans, roasted Brussels sprouts, and finally the homemade vinaigrette.