Pummelo are an original citrus fruit, and ancestor of the grapefruit. In Mimosas, the bright tang of citrus pairs well with sparkling wine.
- 1 shaddock pomelo, about 1 cup juice
- 2 cara cara oranges, about 1 cup juice
- 2 oz Cointreau (optional), or pineapple juice (optional)
- 2 oz simple syrup, or to taste
- 750 ml bottle Champagne, sparkling wine, or orange flavored sparkling water, chilled
- Juice pomelo and oranges. Strain.
- Add juice, Cointreau, and simple syrup to a shaker with ice. Shake well.
- Holding a champagne flute at a 45° angle, fill halfway with sparkling wine or sparkling water. Top with juice mixture. Enjoy!
Make 6-8 servings