Chocolate Peppermint Crinkle Cookies are the solution to all those broken candy canes! Try this fun, kid-friendly recipe at home.
Chocolate Peppermint Crinkle Cookies by Savanna Hanson
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup unbleached wheat flour
- 1⁄4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Powdered sugar for rolling
- Crushed candy canes
- In an electric or stand mixer, mix the cocoa powder, oil, and sugar together.
- Add eggs, one at a time, fully incorporating between, then add vanilla.
- In a small bowl, whisk or sift the flour, salt, and baking powder together.
- Add the flour mixture to your mixer bowl, and beat on low until incorporated, but don’t over-mix.
- Refrigerate your dough for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F, and prep baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- Roll dough into balls about 11⁄2 inches in diameter, and roll in a bowl of powdered sugar until totally white.
- Place on baking sheet and press a pinch of crushed candy canes onto the tops of each ball.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, and let cool on sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a rack.
Makes 16 cookies