- 1 (10 oz) package frozen berries, thawed (we used Cadia Triple Berry Blend)
- 1/2 cup honey
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cups lemon juice (fresh squeezed, about 2 lemons)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Add thawed berries and their juices, and lemon juice to a blender. Blend until smooth. Presh through a fine mesh strainer with the back of a spoon to remove seeds and skins. Set aside.
- In a small non-reactive pot (avoid copper, aluminum, and cast iron, unless it is enameled) combine honey, sugar, eggs, butter, and lemon zest. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until the ingredients are smooth. About 4 minutes.
- Whisk in strained berry juice. Continue cooking over medium heat, whisking constantly until the mixture just begins to bubble and thicken slightly. It should coat the back of a spoon, and leave a clear spot after swiping your finger through it, about 10-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, allow to cool slightly. Berry curd will thicken as it cools. Refrigerate in an airtight glass jar.
- Serve on toast, scones, pancakes, yogurt, or right out of the jar. Also makes a great addition to cookies, tarts, and other baked goods. Enjoy!