Featuring Caesar Dressing, and Caesar Croutons, our recipe is an easy, fresh Caesar Salad!
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup parmesan, freshly grated (dairy or plant-based)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 anchovies, minced
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- Black pepper, to taste
- 4 cups day old bread cut into cubes, wheat or gluten free
- ¼ cup olive oil or melted butter
- 2 Tbsp parmesan cheese, grated (dairy or plant-based)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 3 romaine lettuce hearts
- Whisk together egg yolk and lemon juice. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, one drop at a time, whisking the entire time. Once all oil is added, stir in parmesan, garlic, anchovies, mustard, and black pepper to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, parmesan, italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Add bread cubes and toss until coated.
- Spread on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer and bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, stirring once halfway through. Fresh bread may take slightly longer to dry out, so keep an eye on it!
- Allow to cool before serving.
- Toss romaine lettuce with dressing and croutons to taste.
Makes 6 Servings