Cajun Sausage with Asparagus
- 1 bunch asparagus, chopped into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cups water
- 4 red potatoes, cubed
- 2 carrots, sliced into ¼-inch round pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 14 oz package smoked sausage, sliced into ½-inch pieces
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Bring the 2 cups of water to a boil in a medium sized pan.
- Add chopped asparagus to boiling water and cook for 5 minutes. Drain the pot and set aside.
- While asparagus is boiling, add oil to a skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes and carrots. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until they begin to soften.
- Push potatoes and carrots to the edges of the skillet and add onions, peppers, and sausage to the center of the skillet.
- Add seasoning to skillet and cook for an additional 10 minutes, or until onions have softened and sausage has browned.
- Add asparagus to skillet and mix all ingredients so they have all been evenly coated in the seasoning.
Note: Feel free to adjust seasoning or try something completely different. Let us know what you tried in the comments so we can enjoy it too. Thanks for reading!