- 1 lb ground beef, any %
- 4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 small heads romaine lettuce, sliced or chopped, root discarded
- 1 1/2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup pickles, plus more to taste
- 1 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 8-10 slices bacon, cooked til crisp and roughly crumbled
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- In a medium bowl, mix together beef, garlic powder, and salt. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the beef and brown, crumbling with a spatula or spoon. About 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss the lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, onions, bacon, and avocado (save half if you intend to have leftovers the next day) together in a large bowl.
- Throw in your crumbled meat and top it with a mix of your mayo and ketchup for a delicious thousand island sauce.