This Delicious, Creamy, Chocolate Eggnog, Will Delight Your Holiday Guests!
- 3 egg yolks
- ¼ cup granulated cane sugar
- 1 ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Beat together egg yolks and cane sugar until fluffy and light yellow.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together whipping cream, milk, cocoa powder, nutmeg, and cinnamon over medium heat. Continuing to stir, heat until simmering gently.
- Turn off the heat. Slowly spoon hot cream mixture into the egg yolk mixture a little at a time, whisking constantly.
- Once most of the cream mixture is mixed with the egg, pour everything back into the saucepan. Return to medium heat, cooking and stirring until eggnog is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla. Refrigerate until chilled.
5 (4 oz) Servings
Boozy Eggnog: Add 1.5 oz whiskey, rum, or brandy to 4 oz eggnog.