- Mix flour, baking powder & spices in a large bowl, set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat butter until smooth. Add sugars and mix until fluffy. Add egg, vanilla and pumpkin, beat to combine.
- Gradually blend in dry ingredients, mixing until dough begins to pull away from the sides of the bowl.
- Divide dough into two balls, flatten into discs. Wrap in waxed paper or parchment, and refrigerate about two hours. This will make your dough easier to roll out!
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Work with one package of dough at a time, leaving the other in the refrigerator. Roll out on a lightly floured board to about ¼ inch thick, and cut out with your favorite cookie cutters.
- Place cutouts on an ungreased baking sheet about an inch or so apart, and put the baking sheet in the freezer (yep, the freezer) for 10 minutes. This will help your cookies keep their shape when you bake them.
- Bake 9-11 minutes, depending on the size of your cookies, and how soft you like them.
Love this recipe? Ready to try something interesting? Then check out this recipe for
Lemon Olive Oil Cookies.