Stone Fruit Crumble
In mid summer begins the season of stone fruit, as apricots, nectarines, peaches, and plums ripen under the sun. This recipe is an easy way to enjoy the seasonal abundance!
- 8 cups stone fruit, sliced (Plums, Pluots, Peaches, Cherries, Nectarines, Apricots, etc.)
- ½ cup granulated cane sugar
- ¼ cup tapioca granules
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp allspice
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup turbinado sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ginger
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 1/2 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9 inch baking dish with butter.
- Mix together fruit, cane sugar, tapioca granules, and spices. Place in an even layer in the baking dish.
- In another bowl, stir together flour, oats, brown and turbinado sugar, and crumble spices. Cut in the butter with a fork, mixing until all ingredients are combined. Sprinkle over the fruit.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until filling is tender and bubbly. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.