- 3 cups unbleached white flour, plus more for kneading
- 1 pkt (2 ¼ tsp) active dry yeast
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 4 Tbsp olive oil, divided (plus more for brushing)
- 1 cup warm water (114°F)
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 (9.9 oz) jar artichoke hearts, drained and sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely grated
- 1 cup pizza sauce, or to taste (We used LifeSource Deli sauce)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- Make the Dough: In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, yeast, and kosher salt. Stir in 2 Tbsp of the olive oil and warm water. A shaggy dough will form.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Knead for 3-4 minutes, until the dough becomes smooth and elastic. Add a little more flour to your hands and surface if it begins to stick.
- Oil your mixing bowl. Place dough back into the bowl, and brush with a little more oil. Cover bowl with plastic wrap or a clean kitchen towel. Allow to rise for 60-90 minutes, or until doubled in size in a warm, draft free area.
- In a bowl, whisk together 2 Tbsp olive oil, balsamic vinegar, italian seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste. Pour over sliced tomatoes. Allow to marinate for about 15 minutes.
- Make the Pizza: Preheat the oven to 475°F. Lightly oil a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Punch down the dough to remove the air bubbles. Divide in half.
- Using lightly floured hands, form one half into a 12-in circle. Carefully move it to your prepared sheet pan. If there are any thin spots or holes, pinch them together with your fingers. Flatten any extra thick spots as well.
- Brush your crust with more olive oil. Spoon on half of the pizza sauce, spreading it evenly. Leave a 1-inch border for the crust. Sprinkle on half of the cheese, and top with marinated tomatoes and artichoke hearts.
- Bake pizza for 12-15 minutes, or until the crust is golden and cheese is bubbly. Sprinkle with torn fresh basil leaves. Serve hot.
- Repeat steps 8-10 for the second pizza.
Makes 2 (12-inch) pizzas