- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- ½ cup evaporated cane sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 2-3 very ripe bananas, mashed fine
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 ½ cups unbleached wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup unbleached wheat flour
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp ginger
- ⅛ tsp allspice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a muffin pan with baking cups.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and cane sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in eggs and vanilla until blended. Stir in banana, 1 ½ cups flour, and baking powder until fully mixed.
- In a small bowl, stir together ¼ cup flour, rolled oats, brown sugar, melted butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and allspice.
- Fill muffin cups with banana batter ½-¾ of the way full. Sprinkle oat mixture evenly over the batter. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-23 minutes, or until a pick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool on a rack.