Roasted Veggie Pasta
- 8 oz penne pasta
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into bite sized sticks
- 2 summer squash, cut into bite sized sticks
- 1 kohlrabi, peeled and cut into bite sized sticks
- 1 small red onion, halved and sliced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ½ cup vegetable or chicken broth
- ½ cup reserved pasta water
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Using a large dutch oven, cook pasta in salted water until al dente, according to package directions. (About 9 minutes.) Reserve ½ cup pasta water, and drain.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss carrots, squash, kohlrabi, onion, and cherry tomatoes with olive oil and Italian seasoning. Season with salt and pepper. Spread in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Roast on the top rack for 20 minutes, stirring veggies after 10 minutes.
- Melt butter in the dutch oven over medium heat. Cook garlic until softened and fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add wine, chicken broth, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add cooked pasta, roasted vegetables, and lemon zest to the pot, tossing with sauce. Splash in some of the reserved pasta water so everything is coated evenly. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and mix in fresh basil and parmesan cheese.