With the addition of Kefir, a fermented milk beverage similar to yogurt, these Blueberry Pancakes have a tangy, flavor and fluffy Blueberry Pancake Appeal.
- In a small saucepan, melt 2 Tbsp butter and honey together. Allow to cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in kefir, eggs, butter and honey mixture, and vanilla until just combined. Fold in blueberries. Batter will be lumpy.
- Allow mixture to rest and do it’s thing for at least ten minutes.
- Preheat your skillet or griddle over medium heat for at least 5 minutes. Grease with extra butter.
- Ladle batter onto the hot skillet using a ¼ cup measuring cup. Cook pancakes until golden, about 2-3 minutes. Edges will be dry and tops will be bubbly when it’s time to flip.
- Flip your pancakes, and allow to finish cooking on the second side, about 2-3 minutes.
Click here to see more LifeSource Kitchen Tested recipes!