Crispy Almond Butter Cookies
- 1 cup butter, cut into cubes
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- In a medium saucepan, cook butter over medium heat, stirring constantly. Butter will become foamy, and then turn a golden brown with a delicious nutty scent, about 5-8 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and kosher salt. Set aside.
- Add browned butter, brown sugar, and white sugar to a large mixing bowl. Beat on medium until well combined, about 1 minute. Add eggs and vanilla, beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, another minute or 2. Beat in almond butter until completely mixed, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Stir in flour mixture until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Scoop dough onto the prepared baking sheet by the tablespoonful. Bake for 11-13 minutes or until cookies are set and browned around the edges. Allow to cool on the baking sheet 5 minutes before removing to a rack.
Makes about 3 dozen cookies