Vegan Chocolate Crème Pie
- ½ cup granulated cane sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 1 (13.5 oz) can full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla paste or extract
- 1 pre-baked vegan pie crust
- Dairy free whipped cream
- Whisk together cane sugar, cocoa powder, cornstarch, cinnamon, and kosher salt in a medium saucepan. Stir in coconut milk and non-dairy milk. Turn up the heat to medium high.
- Whisking constantly, bring the mixture to a low boil. Turn down heat to medium, and continue cooking and stirring until very thick, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in chocolate chips and vanilla, continue stirring until chocolate chips are completely melted.
- Scrape the pudding mixture into the prebaked pie crust with a spatula. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 3 hours.
- Slice and serve with dairy free whipped cream.