- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 carrots, sliced into ½ inch rounds
- 3 stalks celery, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 red or yellow potatoes, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 4 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup green beans, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup peas
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp red chili flakes
- 1 cup orecchiette pasta, uncooked
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups chopped kale
- Heat the oil in a large heavy bottomed pot to medium heat. Cook onion until it begins to soften and becomes slightly translucent. Add garlic, cook and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in wine, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pot. Allow to cook down until reduced by half, about 1 minute.
- Add carrots, celery, potatoes, and tomato paste. Cook and stir for about 5 minutes.
- Mix in zucchini, green beans, peas, vegetable broth, tomatoes, salt, pepper, oregano, thyme, and chili flakes. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid, stir in pasta, kale, and cannellini beans. Bring back to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer uncovered 10 – 15 minutes, or until pasta is cooked and vegetables are tender.