Fresh and flavorful Grilled Chicken Tacos with fresh herbs, cheese, and salsa! The perfect recipe for entertaining guests with an appetite!
- 1 lb boneless chicken thighs (about 4-5 thighs)
- 1 lime, juiced (about 3-4 Tbsp juice)
- ¼ cup fresh pineapple, minced (or pineapple juice)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp cayenne (or to taste)
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- ¼ cup cotija cheese
- ¼ cup red or sweet onion, chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro, snipped
- Salsa verde
- Corn tortillas, warmed
- Pound chicken to an even ½-inch thickness. Place in a bowl or plastic zipper bag.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lime, pineapple, olive oil, garlic, chili powder, paprika, onion powder, salt, pepper, cayenne, and pepper flakes. Pour over chicken and toss to coat. Refrigerate covered or sealed if using a zipper bag, at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Heat grill to medium high, or about 400F. If broiling, set to high heat and preheat for at least 10 minutes. Remove chicken from marinade, shake off any excess.
- Grill or broil chicken about 6-7 minutes per side, or until internal temperature reaches 165F. Allow to rest 10 minutes before chopping.
- Divide meat between 8 corn tortillas. Serve with cheese, onion, cilantro, and salsa.
Makes 8 tacos