Grilled Lamb Chops with Green Garlic Mint Sauce
Mint is a traditional accompaniment to grilled lamb chops. This recipe spices up the green sauce a bit with jalapeno and garlic.
• 2 lamb loin chops
• 1 Tbsp olive oil
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• ¼ cup mint leaves, packed
• ¼ cup cilantro, packed
• ¼ cup plain greek yogurt (or sour cream)
• 1 stalk green garlic, coarsely chopped
• 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped (or to taste)
•1 Tbsp olive oil
• 1 tsp tamarind paste (or lemon juice)
• 1 tsp golden balsamic vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
• ¼ tsp honey (or sugar)
• ¼ tsp salt, or to taste
- Preheat the grill to medium high (about 400-450°F) or broiler to high, for at least 10 minutes.
- Pat lamb chops dry. Rub with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill chops for 3-4 minutes each side, or until internal temperature reaches 125°F for rare, or 130°F for medium. Allow to rest for at least ten minutes.
- To a blender add mint, cilantro, Greek yogurt, garlic, jalapeño, olive oil, tamarind paste, vinegar, honey, and salt to taste. Add a splash of water if needed to get the blender going. Blend until smooth. Serve over lamb chops.
Grilling weather in the valley?
Grilling weather at the coast?
See more great LifeSource Kitchen-Tested Recipes!