Grilled Lamb Chops with Green Garlic Mint Sauce
Mint is a traditional accompaniment to grilled lamb chops. This recipe spices up the green sauce a bit with jalapeno and garlic.
• 2 lamb loin chops
• 1 Tbsp olive oil
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• ¼ cup mint leaves, packed
• ¼ cup cilantro, packed
• ¼ cup plain greek yogurt (or sour cream)
• 1 stalk green garlic, coarsely chopped
• 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped (or to taste)
•1 Tbsp olive oil
• 1 tsp tamarind paste (or lemon juice)
• 1 tsp golden balsamic vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
• ¼ tsp honey (or sugar)
• ¼ tsp salt, or to taste
- Preheat the grill to medium high (about 400-450°F) or broiler to high, for at least 10 minutes.
- Pat lamb chops dry. Rub with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill chops for 3-4 minutes each side, or until internal temperature reaches 125°F for rare, or 130°F for medium. Allow to rest for at least ten minutes.
- To a blender add mint, cilantro, Greek yogurt, garlic, jalapeño, olive oil, tamarind paste, vinegar, honey, and salt to taste. Add a splash of water if needed to get the blender going. Blend until smooth. Serve over lamb chops.