The classic German Potato Salad recipe. Impress your relatives at the summer picnic with tangy white balsamic & apple cider vinegar and genuine bacon taste!
Makes 4-6 Servings
• 2 lbs small red potatoes, chopped
• 4 slices thick cut bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
• 1 cup red onion, chopped
• 1 jalapeño, finely chopped
• 1/3 cup white balsamic vinegar
• 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
• 1 Tbsp whole grain mustard
• 1 tsp black pepper
• 1/2 tsp salt, plus more for the potato water
• 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
1. Place potatoes in a large pot, and cover with water. Over high heat, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 8 minutes. Drain.
2. In a skillet, cook bacon until crispy, remove from skillet. Drain all but 1 or 2 Tbsp of bacon grease, cook red onion until fragrant and translucent. Add jalapeño, cook and stir for about 1 minute. Remove from heat.
3. Whisk together vinegar, mustard, pepper, and salt. Add to the skillet with cooked onion, stir until slightly thickened.
4. In a bowl, gently toss together potatoes, dressing mixture, bacon, and fresh parsley. Serve warm or chilled.