- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered cane sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup granulated cane sugar
- ½ cup jam or preserves of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Mix in vanilla extract and flour.
- Scoop 1 tbsp dough at a time, and roll into balls. Roll balls in granulated cane sugar. Press gently with fingers or the bottom of a glass until slightly flattened. Press your thumb, or a round measuring spoon gently into the dough to create an indentation. Fill with about a teaspoon of jam.
- Freeze on baking sheet about 20 minutes. This will help control spread.
- Bake 13-15 minutes, or until slightly golden. Remove from baking sheet immediately to cool.