Treat your guests to Baked Orange Bars, a sweet and tart citrus pastry that can easily be made with gluten free ingredients.
- ¾ cup all purpose flour (wheat or gluten free)
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 orange, zest and juice
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 ½ cup unrefined cane sugar
- ¼ cup all purpose flour (wheat or gluten free)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 8×8 inch baking dish with butter. Line with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour, almond flour, sugar, and salt. Stir in butter and vanilla. A dough will form.
- Evenly press dough into the bottom of the baking dish. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Whisk together orange zest, lemon zest, sugar, and flour. Stir in eggs and vanilla. Pour into the hot crust.
- Bake for an additional 40 minutes, or until the center no longer jiggles. Allow to cool completely before removing from the dish and slicing.
Yields about 12 servings
Click to see more great ‘kitchen-tested’ recipes from LifeSource Natural Foods