Treat your guests to Baked Orange Bars, a sweet and tart citrus pastry that can easily be made with gluten free ingredients.
- ¾ cup all purpose flour (wheat or gluten free)
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 orange, zest and juice
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 ½ cup unrefined cane sugar
- ¼ cup all purpose flour (wheat or gluten free)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 8×8 inch baking dish with butter. Line with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour, almond flour, sugar, and salt. Stir in butter and vanilla. A dough will form.
- Evenly press dough into the bottom of the baking dish. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Whisk together orange zest, lemon zest, sugar, and flour. Stir in eggs and vanilla. Pour into the hot crust.
- Bake for an additional 40 minutes, or until the center no longer jiggles. Allow to cool completely before removing from the dish and slicing.
Yields about 12 servings