- Heat sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium high heat until it reaches a low boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low, and simmer for 10-12 minutes, or until syrup becomes slightly thickened.
- Add seasoning of choice, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to steep an additional 30 minutes.
- Drain through a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth to remove seasoning particles.
- Allow to cool, and chill in a covered container until ready to use.
Use this simple syrup as part of these recipes: