Avocado crab boats become the talk of the party!
With Avocado Crab Boats, summer parties will never be the same! Your guests will marvel at juicy crab salad, served in a ripe avocado ‘boat.’ What better way to enjoy cool crab salad, than these easy and fun salad boats.
• 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
• 1 Tbsp mayonnaise
• 1 Tbsp sour cream
• 2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
• 3 tsp lime juice
• 1/2 tsp lime zest
• 1/4 tsp cumin
•1/4 tsp smoked paprika
• Pinch chili flakes
• 6 oz crab meat, or chopped salad shrimp
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• 2 snack size avocados, halved and pitted
• Lime wedges, for serving
1. Brush avocado halves with a teaspoon of lime juice to prevent browning.
2. Stir together onion, mayo, sour cream, cilantro, 2 teaspoons of the lime juice, lime zest, and cumin, paprika, and chili flakes.
3. Pour dressing over crab meat, gently mix together and season totaste with salt and pepper.
4. Spoon crab salad onto avocado halves to make avocado crab boats, serve with lime wedges.
See more great LifeSource Kitchen-Tested Recipes!