LifeSource Deli Cashew Cream Sauce
- 1 head garlic (about a ¼ cup)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 3 cups water
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp pepperoncini juice
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a small baking sheet or dish with foil.
- Remove loose skins from garlic head. Cut about ½-inch off of the top. Drizzle with olive oil, rubbing oil into the cut edges so it is well coated.
- Place garlic on the prepared baking sheet, and cover tightly with foil. Bake 30-40 minutes until cloves are soft and caramelized. Remove from skins with a fork or sharp knife. Set aside.
- Bring cashews to a boil with 3 cups of water in a small saucepan. Boil for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and drain, reserving liquid.
- Place softened cashews, roasted garlic, sea salt, pepperoncini juice, and ½ cup of the cashew liquid into a blender.
- Blend until completely smooth. Add more cashew liquid until desired consistency is reached. We found that 1 ½ cups of liquid was perfect for pasta or pizza sauce.
- Taste sauce, and adjust seasonings if desired.