Concord Grape Sherbet
- 2 lbs Concord grapes (or 2 cups juice)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup granulated cane sugar
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- Run grapes through a juicer, or press through a mesh strainer to release juice and remove seeds.
- Add grape juice, lime juice, and sugar to a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Allow to cool to room temperature, stir in cream, and refrigerate in a sealed container until cold.
- Add to an ice cream maker and churn until the consistency of soft-serve ice cream, about 20-25 minutes. Freeze in a sealed container at least 4 hours before serving.
Makes about 1 pint of sherbet