Using fair trade chocolate, cane sugar, and unbleached wheat flour, this recipe creates the fudgiest of fudgy brownies!
- 2 oz unsweetened baking chocolate
- ½ cup butter or vegan butter
- 1 cup granulated cane sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten or Veganegg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup unbleached wheat flour
- ½ cup chocolate chips (optional)
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, grease an 8-inch x 8-inch baking dish with butter or cooking spray.
- In a 2 quart pot, warm baking chocolate and butter over medium heat, stirring until melted. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- In a bowl, mix together chocolate and butter mixture, cane sugar, eggs, vanilla, and wheat flour until smooth and combined. Fold in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking dish. Bake 25-28 minutes, or until a tester comes out with fudgy crumbs.