- 1 medium celery root (celeriac), peeled and chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 ¼ lbs fingerling potatoes, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 4-inch piece fresh horseradish, peeled and grated
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 tsp brown mustard seeds
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 2 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup crème fraîche
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- In a heavy bottom pot, add celery root, potatoes, horseradish, garlic, and mustard seeds. Cover with water. Add a little salt and bring to boiling.
- Reduce heat, simmer for 20 minutes or until tender. Vegetables should be easily pierced with a fork. Drain. Return to the pot.
- Add mustard powder, butter, crème fraîche, salt, and pepper. Mash to desired consistency.