The Melon Margarita is a great way to enjoy the flavor of heirloom melons!
The chili salt rim on the glass helps emphasize the subtly unique flavors of whatever variety of melons you use to make your melon margarita beverage.
- 4 oz melon juice (about ¼ honeydew, piel de sapo, snow leopard, your choice!)
- 2 oz lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 2 oz tequila (optional)
- ½ oz honey, agave, or simple syrup (depending on sweetness of fruit)
- ½ tsp chili powder (we used Mountain Rose Herbs)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 lime, sliced for serving
- Juice your melon, or scoop out flesh and run through a blender. Strain through cheesecloth, if desired.
- Mix together chili powder and salt in a small dish. Swipe lime wedge around a 12 oz glass rim, dip in salt to coat the rim. Add ice.
- In a shaker with ice, pour melon juice, lime juice, tequila, and honey. Shake until chilled. Pour into prepared glasses and serve with a wedge of lime.