- 3-4 apples, peeled, cored, and sliced to ¼ inch thick
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup unrefined cane sugar
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp ginger
- ⅛ tsp allspice
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 sheets phyllo dough, defrosted overnight
- 6 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 heaping Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Grease muffin pan cups with butter.
- Toss together apples, lemon juice, cane sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, sea salt, and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together butter, honey, and cinnamon.
- Working quickly, lay out 1 sheet of phyllo dough. Leave the remaining sheets wrapped up to prevent drying. Brush phyllo with butter mixture. Lay another sheet of phyllo on top, brushing with butter mixture. Continue layering until all sheets are used.
- Cut phyllo into 12 pieces, roughly the same size. Press each square into a muffin cup.
- Fill phyllo cups with apple mixture. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until phyllo is browned and apples are tender. Enjoy warm with vanilla ice cream.