Gluten Free Banana Bread
Our Banana Bread recipe is made with gluten free ingredients, but you’ll never be able to tell from the texture or flavor!
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 3 ripe bananas, finely mashed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 2 cups Pamela’s Amazing Bread Mix
- 1 Tbsp whole psyllium husk
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp xanthan gum
- 1 Tbsp turbinado sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 8×4-inch loaf pan with cooking spray or butter.
- Cream together butter and sugar. Mix eggs, bananas, and buttermilk.
- In a large bowl, whisk together bread mix, psyllium husk, baking powder, salt, and xanthan gum.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture, stir until just combined. Scrape into the prepared pan, sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5-10 minutes before removing from the pan. Cool completely before slicing.
Make this banana bread dairy free by replacing the buttermilk with your favorite plant milk and 2 tsp apple cider vinegar, and your favorite plant based butter. If you’d like to replace the eggs, mix together 2 Tbsp ground chia seeds or Bob’s Red Mill egg replacer and ¼ cup of water.
Makes 8 servings
Click to see more great ‘kitchen-tested’ recipes from LifeSource Natural Foods