• 1 bag or 3 ½ cups Pamela’s Bread Mix
• 1 packet or 2 ¼ tsp active dry yeast
• 1 Tbsp granulated cane sugar
• ¼ tsp salt
• ¾ cup buttermilk
• ½ cup water
• ¼ cup butter, cut into half inch cubes
• 2 large eggs, beaten
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together bread mix, yeast, 1 Tbsp cane sugar, and salt.
2. In a small saucepan, heat buttermilk, water, and butter, stirring constantly until butter is melted, and mixture reaches 110°F. It will be warm, but not hot. If the temperature is too high, it will kill the yeast.
3. Mix eggs into flour mixture.
4. Stir in buttermilk mixture, stirring constantly for 3 minutes. (Or use an electric mixture on medium speed.) Dough will be very sticky, almost like a very thick batter.
5. Pour into an oiled bowl, and cover with oiled plastic wrap. Let rest for 20 minutes.
6. Once dough has rested, pour out onto a large piece of greased parchment paper. Using another piece of greased parchment paper, gently pat dough into a 10×12-inch rectangle. Remove the top sheet of parchment. Spread the 6 Tbsp of butter evenly over the dough. Sprinkle the sugar and cinnamon on top.
7. Starting on the long edge, carefully roll up into a log, using the parchment to aid the process, much like rolling sushi. Do not roll the parchment into the roll, carefully peel it away as you go.
8. Slice the log into 9 pieces. Carefully place into an oiled 9×9-inch baking dish. Cover with oiled plastic wrap. Place in a warm draft free area, and let rise until almost double. About 60-90 minutes.
9. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Remove the plastic wrap covering, and bake for 30 minutes, or until brown and filling is bubbly. Allow to cool on a rack.
10. Stir together powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract. Drizzle on warm cinnamon rolls. Enjoy!
Makes: 9 Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls