- In a medium bowl, whisk together bread mix, yeast, 1 Tbsp cane sugar, and salt.
- In a small saucepan, heat buttermilk, water, and butter, stirring constantly until butter is melted, and mixture reaches 110°F. It will be warm, but not hot. If the temperature is too high, it will kill the yeast.
- Mix eggs into flour mixture.
- Stir in buttermilk mixture, stirring constantly for 3 minutes. (Or use an electric mixture on medium speed.) Dough will be very sticky, almost like a very thick batter.
- Pour into an oiled bowl, and cover with oiled plastic wrap. Let rest for 20 minutes.
- Once dough has rested, pour out onto a large piece of greased parchment paper. Using another piece of greased parchment paper, gently pat dough into a 10×12-inch rectangle. Remove the top sheet of parchment. Spread the 6 Tbsp of butter evenly over the dough. Sprinkle the sugar and cinnamon on top.
- Starting on the long edge, carefully roll up into a log, using the parchment to aid the process, much like rolling sushi. Do not roll the parchment into the roll, carefully peel it away as you go.
- Slice the log into 9 pieces. Carefully place into an oiled 9×9-inch baking dish. Cover with oiled plastic wrap. Place in a warm draft free area, and let rise until almost double. About 60-90 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Remove the plastic wrap covering, and bake for 30 minutes, or until brown and filling is bubbly. Allow to cool on a rack.
- Stir together powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract. Drizzle on warm cinnamon rolls. Enjoy!
Makes: 9 Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls