- 2 cups unrefined cane sugar
- ½ cup Earth Balance Buttery Spread
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup ripe persimmon pulp
- 2 cups organic unbleached white flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp cloves
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
My mom makes these every Christmas and I haven’t missed a year with them since I was born! -Jeff
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Cream sugar and Earth Balance
- Add beaten egg and mix well. Stir soda into persimmon pulp, then add this to the sugar mixture and beat well.
- Sift dry ingredients and add to mixture, beat well. Stir in raisins and nuts.
- Drop by teaspoons onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Double the recipe, you’ll be glad you did!
Like it? Share it!
Whether prepared as pie filling, or as a side dish, you will love the delicious flavor of Roasted Red Kuri Squash
- 1 Red Kuri Winter Squash, 3-4 lbs
- 2 Tbsp turbinado sugar
- 2 Tbsp butter, room temperature
- 2 cups water
- Salt and pepper, to taste (Omit if preparing for pie)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Add water to a 13×9-inch baking dish.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds and stringy bits. Spread 1 Tbsp butter and sprinkle 1 Tbsp sugar in each cavity. Place squash cut side up in the prepared baking dish.
- Bake uncovered 40-60 minutes, or until squash can be easily pierced with a fork.
- Scoop out the flesh and mash with a fork, or bender for a smooth puree. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Serves 4-6 servings
See more great LifeSource Kitchen-Tested Recipes!