This recipe makes a simple and tasty sweet-tart applesauce that goes well with chicken and pork. If you prefer a sweeter sauce, heat up 2 Tbsp of brown sugar with the cider in the pan before adding the apples.
- 5 Honeycrisp apples, (or your favorite apples) peeled, cored and chopped.
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- Mix chopped apples and cider together in a pan. Bring to a low boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes or until apples are soft.
- Serve with a sprinkle of cinnamon, if desired.