Smoky Bacon Deviled Eggs
- 8 large organic eggs
- 1/4 cup white distilled vinegar
- 4 slices bacon, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 small shallot, minced
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp black pepper, or to taste
- ⅛ tsp chipotle powder
- 1 lime, quartered
- Bring 8 cups water and 1/4 cup vinegar to a boil. Carefully add eggs, and boil for 10 minutes. Immediately place eggs in an ice bath, cool for 15 minutes. Peel and slice in half.
- Cook bacon in a small skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove from the pan and drain on paper towels or a clean kitchen towel. Drain off all but ½ Tbsp bacon grease from the skillet. Cook shallot until fragrant and tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix together egg yolks, bacon, shallot, mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, paprika, pepper, chipotle, and a squeeze of lime juice. Taste and adjust seasonings if desired.
- Spoon filling back into egg halves. Serve with a wedge of lime.