Strawberry Rose & Rhubarb Sake Cocktail
Rhubarb Simple Syrup
- 2 cups rhubarb, chopped (About 3 stalks)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup dried rose petals
- 2 strawberries, chopped
- Pinch turbinado or other coarse sugar
- 1 oz rhubarb syrup, or to taste
- 2 oz sake (we used Hakutsuru Organic Junmai Sake)
- Squeeze of lime, to taste
- Add rhubarb, sugar, rose petals, and water to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes. Strain through cheesecloth or a fine mesh strainer. Store in a sealed glass jar in the refrigerator up to a week.
- Muddle the strawberries with a pinch of sugar in an 8 oz glass until pureed. Add ice, 2 oz rhubarb syrup, 2 oz sake, and a squeeze of lime. Stir well and serve.
Omit sake. Top with sparkling water or lemon lime soda.