Enjoy the sweet & tart flavors of strawberry and rhubarb in this fizzy cocktail that can also be enjoyed as a mocktail.
Strawberry Rhubarb Cocktail
Rhubarb Simple Syrup
- ½ lb rhubarb, chopped (about 1 ½ cups)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 strawberry, chopped
- 3 oz rhubarb syrup or puree (or to taste)
- 4 oz vodka (optional)
- Sparkling water, soda, or sparkling wine
- Squeeze of lemon, to taste
- Add rhubarb, sugar, and water to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low, and simmer 12-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Allow to cool and strain through cheesecloth OR blend to puree. Your choice!
- Divide the strawberries between 2 (12) oz glasses and muddle. To each glass add ice, 1.5 oz rhubarb syrup, and 2 oz vodka. Stir. Top with sparkling water and a squeeze of lemon. Enjoy!
Mocktail: Omit vodka. Top with sparkling water or lemon lime soda.