Prosciutto Wrapped Kale Raab
- 1 head garlic
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ¼ cup butter, room temperature
- 1 sprig rosemary leaves, minced
- 1 bunch kale raab, 2-inches trimmed off the stems
- 4 slices prosciutto
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan
- Kosher salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Remove papery outer skins from garlic. Slice off top ¼, exposing cloves. Rub with 1 tsp olive oil. Wrap in foil and place in a shallow baking dish. Bake for 40 minutes, or until tender. Remove from skins, mash.
- Whip butter, mashed garlic, and minced rosemary in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water with a palmful of kosher salt to a boil. Blanch the kale raab in the water for 3-5 minutes, or until bright green and tender. Drain and run under cold water to stop the cooking process. Pat dry with a clean kitchen towel.
- Divide kale into 4 bunches of 3-4 stalks each. Place a bunch on top of a slice of prosciutto. Spread with 1 Tbsp butter, sprinkle with pepper, and roll in prosciutto. Repeat for each bunch.
- Place prosciutto wrapped kale raab on a baking sheet lined with parchment or a silicone baking mat. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake at 400°F for 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Makes 4 Servings