Use frozen or fresh blackberries as a delicious ingredient, and garnish to these non-traditional Blackberry Mimosas This recipe features local Marion Blackberries from Stahlbush Island Farms
- 1 6 oz pkg blackberries (If using frozen, thaw first)
- 1 tsp turbinado sugar
- 2 Tbsp simple syrup (or more, to taste) divided
- ½ small meyer lemon
- Champagne, sparkling wine, club soda, or sparkling water
- In a small bowl, muddle blackberries with turbinado sugar. Strain through cheesecloth, squeezing out the juice. (Wear gloves to protect your hands from staining!) Divide between 2 champagne glasses. Yields about ½ cup of blackberry juice.
- Add 1 Tbsp simple syrup to each glass.
- Squeeze the lemon once into each glass (About ½ Tbsp)
- Top with sparkling wine, soda, or sparkling water. Enjoy! Makes 2 servings.
Simple Syrup: 1 cup organic cane sugar, 1 cup water. Heat sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium high heat until it reaches a low boil. Reduce heat to medium low, and simmer for 10-12 minutes, or until syrup becomes slightly thickened. Allow to cool, and chill in a covered container until ready to use.