Try this quick and delicious recipe for Chicken Salad with Yogurt Chèvre Dressing on crusty sourdough bread.
Yogurt and Chèvre goat cheese give the chicken salad dressing a tangy flavor that balances the sweetness of the fruit in the salad.
- ½ cup unsweetened plain yogurt (Greek or regular)
- 4 oz package Chèvre
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ jalapeno, chopped (optional)
- 1 tsp white balsamic vinegar (or to taste)
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, pounded to ½-inch thick (or use leftover cooked chicken)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 small pink lady apple, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- ½ cucumber, peeled and chopped
- ½ small red onion, chopped
- ¼ cup dried cherries
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth. Taste the dressing, and adjust seasonings if desired. Set aside.
- If using pre-cooked meat, skip this step. Preheat the skillet with olive oil for 5 minutes on the stovetop. Rub chicken with salt and pepper. Cook 3-4 minutes each side until golden brown and cooked through. Cool. Chop.
- Toss all salad ingredients with dressing. Allow to sit covered in the fridge about an hour so all of the flavors can get to know each other. Serve on a sandwich, with crackers, or toss with salad greens.