A Lamb Burgers Recipe that features locally-grown lamb meat, a Tatziki- feta sauce and home made, quick organic pickled onions for topping.
- 1 red onion (sliced thin)
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ cup hot water
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 2 tbsp beet juice
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
Tzatziki feta sauce:
- 1 cup full fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 ½ tbsp fresh dill, cupped
- 1 medium sized cucumber pitted and diced
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ of a lemon
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup feta crumbles
- Starting with the pickled onions, combine your hot water, sugar, and sea salt. Stir thoroughly until the sugar and salt have dissolved, then add your white vinegar, beet juice, and red pepper flakes, stir to combine. Pack your sliced onions into a jar and then cover with your brine. Cover your jar and let set for about one hour, or until the onions are fully saturated with the color of the beet juice.
- To make your tzatziki feta sauce, begin by removing the core from your cucumber and dicing. Place in a bowl and combine with your sea salt, set aside while you prep your other ingredients. In a separate bowl combine your Greek yogurt, lemon juice, dill, feta, and black pepper. Once you’re done, pat down your cucumbers with a paper towel to remove excess moisture, this will help prevent your sauce from becoming too runny!
- For the lamb burger itself, simply combine your ground lamb, minced garlic, diced onion, mint, marjoram, oregano, paprika, cumin, black pepper, sea salt, bread crumbs, tomato paste, and egg all together in a big bowl! Mix well and then form into patties of your desired size, cook in a pan on medium heat until they are cooked through.
- Toast your buns, top your burger with all the yummy goodies, and you’re ready to enjoy!
Our local lamb meat is from Henny Farms in Salem Oregon.