Our Maple Breakfast Sausage recipe features local pork from Lonely Lane Farms.
Maple Breakfast Sausage
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 Tbsp dark amber maple syrup
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- Mix together all ingredients in a bowl with hands until just combined.
- Pinch off a small amount and cook over medium heat until done. Taste it, and adjust seasonings if desired in remaining raw sausage.
- Form into small patties and cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 2-3 minutes each side. Sausage is fully cooked at 165°F.
Makes about 8 patties.