Most meatloaf recipes call for oats or another grain to hold the loaf together. This Paleo Meat Loaf recipe uses almond crackers, or almond flour instead. This grain-free, paleo-diet-friendly meat loaf may be slightly more crumbly, but you will still love the texture, and flavor!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lbs grass fed ground beef, 80% lean
- 1 cup Simple Mills almond flour crackers, crushed into crumbs (or almond flour)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup Primal Kitchen Ketchup
- 1 Tbsp horseradish
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- ½ tsp cayenne (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Sauté onion until translucent. Add garlic, cook until fragrant.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients with your hands until completely mixed. Form into a loaf, place in a baking dish.
- Bake meatloaf about 1 hour, or until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Allow to rest at least 10 minutes before slicing.
- Slice and serve your Paleo Meat Loaf
Meatloaf weather in the valley? Meatloaf weather at the coast? See more great LifeSource Kitchen-Tested Recipes! Free Recipe Books, from LifeSource.