- 2 cups whipping or heavy cream (we used Garry’s Meadow Fresh)
- ¼ granulated cane sugar, or to taste
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Fresh fruit, chopped into bite sized pieces. We used raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, mango, and kiwi.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicone mat.
- In a large bowl, or the bowl of a stand mixer, mix egg whites until frothy, about 2-3 minutes. Add the cream of tartar and cornstarch. Continue mixing about 2 minutes, and then begin adding sugar 1 Tbsp at a time, until all sugar is added, and egg whites are stiff and glossy, about 5-8 minutes.
- Divide egg whites onto baking sheet into 2 roughly 8-inch circles. With the back of a spoon, smooth a shallow well into the center of each to hold whipped cream and fruit.
- Place the pavlovas in the preheated oven and immediately reduce the heat to 200°F. Bake for 90 minutes. Turn off the heat and allow to cool in the oven with the door closed for 2 hours.
- Chill a metal bowl and beaters for the whipped cream for at least 15 minutes.
- To a large bowl add whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla. Beat on high with chilled beaters until stiff peaks form, about 3-5 minutes.
- Top the first layer with half the whipped cream and half of the fruit, Layer with second pavlova, remaining whipped cream, and remaining fruit. Serve immediately.