- 2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cloves
- ¼ tsp cardamom
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- ½ cup brown sugar, or Golden Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup cultured buttermilk, room temperature
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 very ripe persimmons, pulp scooped out
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, and finely chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a muffin pan with baking cups.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, cloves, and cardamom. Set aside.
- In a second bowl, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time. Then add buttermilk, sour cream, and persimmon persimmon pulp.
- Stir in flour mixture until just combined. Fold in chopped apple. Do not overmix. Fill each baking cup to the top.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool in the pan 2-5 minutes before removing to a rack.
Makes about 12-15 muffins