Spring and Summer bring the welcome tartness of rhubarb to this delicious grilled Rhubarb Glazed Chicken recipe!
Rhubarb Glazed Chicken
- ½ lb rhubarb, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups water
- ¾ cup rhubarb juice
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup filtered sake
- 1 inch finger of ginger, minced
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp mellow white miso paste
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, pounded to ½ inch thick
- To make rhubarb juice, bring rhubarb and 2 cups of water to boil in a medium pot. Reduce heat to a simmer and cover, cooking for 20 minutes. Strain juice through a mesh strainer, pressing pulp with the back of a spoon to release all of it. Discard remaining pulp.
- In a medium pot combine rhubarb juice, vinegar, sake, ginger, shallot, honey, and miso. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for at least 30 more minutes, or until thickened and reduced. Remove from heat. Reserve a small amount of glaze for serving.
- Broil or grill the chicken on high for 4 minutes. Flip, and brush with rhubarb glaze. Broil 6 more minutes, brushing with glaze twice more (every 2 minutes). Remove from heat and allow to rest 5 minutes before serving with the reserved glaze.
Makes 2-4 servings