Rockfish with Cucumber Radish Relish
This recipe features sustainable Pacific Rockfish
- 4 (4 oz) rockfish fillets
- ¼ cup rice flour or all purpose flour (optional)
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 cucumber, peeled, chopped and seeded (no need to peel or seed if using english cucumbers)
- 1 medium watermelon radish, chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp golden balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp dried tarragon
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- ⅛ tsp kosher salt
- Combine ingredients for relish in a small bowl; mix well. Let stand at room temperature while preparing fish.
- Pat fillets dry, sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Dust with flour, knock off any excess.
- Heat oil in a cast iron skillet over medium until shimmering. Cook fish until golden around the edges, about 2-3 minutes. Flip. Continue spooning over fish while the second side cooks another 2-3 minutes, or until fish is golden and flakes easily with a fork. Remove from the skillet and drain on paper towels or a clean kitchen towel.
- Serve with cucumber relish.